Tuesday, November 17, 2009

He Gives Great Head! Nov 2009



Yay!  Finally!  
Someone who can cut curly hair!



I'd given up.  
Then along came James Don.  
And I got the best haircut since I've been in Mexico.



I have the kind of hair that inspired a woman behind me at a 
hula competition once to mutter to her friend when I got up. . .
Good, there goes the bush head.

My mother was confounded by my hair.  She had it thinned, 
trimmed, sheared, braided and plaited.  Braids seemed my destiny.

Then the 60's came along!!!!   
It was cool to look like Bob Dylan. 
When I didn't want to look like Bob Dylan, 
I ironed it.  So I could look like Cher.
Right.


GIMME A HEAD WITH HAIR, LONG BEAUTIFUL HAIR
SHINING, GLEAMING, STREAMING, WAXEN, FLAXEN
GIVE ME DOWN TO THERE, HAIR
SHOULDER LENGTH, LONGER HAIR
HERE BABY, THERE MAMA, EVERYWHERE DADDY DADDY!
  

 That was then,  this is now.  
James Don, a southern gentleman and hair artist, built a
salon in the back of Marina's Hotel Suites.  It's attractive and comfortable,

friendly and affordable.





Stop by and visit and see for yourself.


The salon is located in Marina's Hotel and Suites
on the Carretera #40 in El Chante
before coming into Jocotepec from the east
and on the lake side of the highway.
Plenty of parking.



Phone:  387 763 1933
Email:  jamesdonsalon@gmail.com

 


7 comments:

  1. Isn't it nice when you find someone that knows how to deal with your hair? I'll be honest, the prices scared me a bit, because I paid 50 pesos for my last haircut, blowdry and style. But you can't put a pricetag on beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I was paying 50 pesos for cuts before too. But I was not getting a style, or any kind of intricate cut. I need someone who can really cut hair.
    Come on up and visit us and get a new do!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was gonna say... that looks kinda spendy. but then again, compared to what we charge in the States? is it really that bad? i still can't do it. I'm visiting the US right now and I'm gonna have my hair done.... but you've got a quite a handfull... curly hair is definitely difficult to cut!!! Glad you found someone!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, for Mexico, it is a bit high. BUT, I bet if you went to Guadalajara for a special cut in one of their high-end salons it might be comparable. I dunno. All I do know is it is worth it to me and I will probably not get it cut as often, but when I do I know it will be a good one. I like it when I get up in the morning and all I have to do is shake my hair out a little and I'm good to go!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So we don't get to see the results - some promotion...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Si, Calypso, it was a gyp.
    I wrestled with that for a long time, then in the end I chose to continue in anonymity.
    Sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  7. tryig to help out an old southern boy
    noten wrong wi dat

    ReplyDelete