Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Pollo Fresco 2005


So, among my shopping stops today was a trip to my favorite carneceria. There was a line for fresh (little did I know) chicken and I got at the end of it. As I got closer I noticed a pile of legs, feet, and thighs but a significant lack of breasts and when it was my turn I asked if she had any more pechugas. Si, Señora, she said and took off to the back of the carneceria. I waited. . .and waited. . .and waited and finally asked the other woman if she was coming back. She smiled (in retrospect. . .) and said she'd be right back. Eventually she arrived with 2 whole chickens and cut and boned my pechugas and I paid. When I picked them up to put in my bag, I noticed they were very warm and thought, oh no, they've been sitting in the sun somewhere. The more I shopped, the more I thought about it and decided to return. I handed the bag of breasts to the woman and said 'Señora, these are not cool; I think they've been in the sun.' She smiled demurely, looked away, and said 'no, señora, they are warm because they were just killed for you.' 'Gracias', Choke. Gag.

No comments:

Post a Comment